We have two on-site educators who will be helping our students have a fun experience! Before and throughout the duration of the class, our educators will be monitoring the weather and other factors that may cause a class to be cancelled. In any such case, each registrant will be emailed or called and may choose to move their child to a later class, retain southwesthoney.com online credit or have class fees returned.
Our classes will be held outside, as such there is an inherent risk associated with any outdoor activity.
As a part of our program, we require all participants or a guardian of each participant to complete our liability waiver. > Click For Sample Waivers will be sent to participants in our program packet about a week before the class. Please complete the waiver and bring it with you on the day of your class.
- Cold water will be kept on-site for any children or parents who feel dehydrated, especially for hot days.
- We will have a sealed & locked observation hive containing live bees as a part of our activities.
- The experience includes a 10 minute walk on a mowed path through our prairie.
- There are beehives on-site, any participant under 18 years old will not be allowed within 20 feet of the hives.
- Unpasteurized honey will be tasted by participants. Please make us aware of any honey allergies any participant may have.
- At least one on-site educator is CPR certified by the American Heart Association and First Aid.
- At least one on-site educator is “Child Safety Certified” through Purdue Extension.
Our programs are designed to be safe so our participants have a fantastic experience! If you have any concerns about safety, please feel free to contact our lead educator, Megan Ryan (260) 609-2897.